Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yielded to His Service

This quote was shared in our leadership team meeting today by Deb Hirsch. Read through it slowly and see if it doesn't bring some contentment to your heart. It did mine.

"Christ has many services to be done; some are easy, others are difficult; some bring honor, others bring reproach; some are suitable to our natural inclinations and temporal interests, others are contrary to both.

In some we may please Christ and please ourselves, in others we cannot please Christ except by denying ourselves. Yet the power to do all these things is assuredly given us in Christ, who strengthens us.

I am no longer my own, but yours. Put me to what you will. Rank me with whom you will; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for you or laid aside for you, exalted for you or brought low for you; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things, let me have nothing; I freely and heartily yield all things to your pleasure and disposal."

John Wesley - Taken from "Still Waters Deep Waters" - edited by Rowland Croucher

1 comment:

Justin Powell said...

Great quote from Deb...thanks for sharing this Dudley. See you soon!